With the help of a gas grills, you can save yourself the eternal preparation time in the future: Due to different heat levels and gas operation, the gas grill convinces you with a quick readiness for use and easy cleaning. But also the disadvantages of a gas grill should be weighed up.
Read our guide and learn what you need to know about gas grills from compiled test results. In addition, you can see in our table how current models perform and what you should pay attention to when buying.
Buying advice: How to find the right product in our gas grill comparison 2022
for more information: igrill 2 vs 3
The most important in a nutshell
- Gas grills impress with simple operation, easy cleaning, and higher safety. In addition, they have adjustable heat levels and thus have similarities to a stove. Due to an extremely low smoke production, BBQ gas grills are also suitable for the balcony.
- When buying a gas grill, the right size is crucial in the first place. The number of burners, in turn, varies depending on the size of the gas grill. For 2 to 3 people, a small gas grill with a burner is usually sufficient.
- Usually, all impurities in the grill can be repaired with the help of detergent and warm water. In addition, it is recommended to grease the grill grate with a little butter before use and let it soak for a few hours after use. There are also special grill cleaners.
Are you a barbecue fan, but would rather have a little more comfort and order with you? Then a gas grill is just right for you. A gas grill combines the advantages of carbon and electric grill and thus works not only thoroughly, but also very quickly. However, there is a lot to consider when buying a gas grill. Starting with the shape of the grill: Do you want to take the with you camping? A compact camping gas grill is recommended for you. An alternative is also special ceramic grills.
But performance and care are also important criteria. A good barbecue is essential for a successful barbecue. The Gas Grill Purchase Advice 2022, therefore, discusses why are becoming more popular from year to year, which grill forms are offered and what so-called “backburners” are all about.
Which is the right gas grills for your barbecue project?
Charcoal, gas or electric grill?
If you are not yet sure whether you really need a gas grill or what else is offered for other grill types, a table with all known grill types including their most important features has been compiled below for you.
BBQ gas grills
- bbq-electric grill
- Rapid operational readiness
- more expensive than other models
- Operation by gas cylinders
- usually larger than other grills
- in compact form also suitable for balconies
- Low smoke production
- usually available as a kettle grill/stand grill
- cheap to buy
- Operation by charcoal or barbecue briquettes
- if necessary, a grill lighter is necessary
- Long preparation time
- Smoke, soot, and pollutant development possible
- also called “E-Grill”
- Operation by electricity (socket)
- suitable for balconies and tables
- particularly low-smoke
- easy cleaning
- possibly lower taste aroma
- locomotive-shaped smoker
- Origin in America
- Operation by wood
- longer cooking time
- particularly smoky aroma
- very popular with barbecue professionals