Netgear is the most liked company among millions of people worldwide for satisfying their WiFi needs. The Company offers a plethora of options for its routers and extenders. However, to make the most of these devices, you first need to configure them. Here, in this guide, we are highlighting steps on how to do Netgear extender setup. So, check the steps given below and make your extender up and running in a few minutes. Let’s get started!
Netgear Extender Setup Using Installation Assistant
Know that a Netgear extender can be configured using various methods and Netgear Installation Assistant is one of the most used among all. Walk through the steps given below and learn to do a new extender setup using the manual method in a hassle-free manner.
- Unpack your extender in a careful manner.
- Once done, connect the antennas (if available) of the device.
Quick Tip: Place the device at a location where it can catch no interference from other objects like Bluetooth speakers, microwave ovens, baby monitors, cellular phones, reflexive surfaces, etc. However, make sure you keep it near to your home WiFi router, preferably in the same room.
- As soon as you are done with the placement of the extender, connect it to your home router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure the cable has no cuts. If it is damaged, either use another cable for connecting the devices or go for wireless connections.
- Time to plug in the extender to a wall socket. So, what are you waiting for?
- Done with plugging the device? Great!
- Set the power button to the on position and let the LEDs on your extender turn green.
- Once done, get access to your PC and open a web browser on it.
Note: Although you can use any web browser for proceeding further with the Netgear extender setup process using the manual method, it is suggested to choose the one that is updated with the latest software version. Doing so will avoid you getting caught with various issues while configuring your device.
- Type the default web address of your extender in the address bar and hit the Enter key.
Bonus: At times, users face issues while accessing the default web address of their Netgear range extenders. If you are also falling victim to the same issue, we suggest you try using the default IP address 192.168.1.250.
- Upon the completion of the aforementioned process, you will find yourself on the login page of your extender.
- This is where you need to enter the default username and password of your device.
- If you are unaware of the login details of your device, consider checking them from the manual you might have received at the time of the purchase of your extender.
- Hit Log In once you are done with entering the required details and you will get redirected to the setup wizard of your Netgear extender.
- Reaching here, navigate to Settings and select the network you want to expand using the Netgear extender.
- Certain on-screen instructions will then reveal on your device’s screen. Follow all the instructions the same as they are and complete the Netgear extender setup process.
- You now need to unplug the extender from its socket and relocate it to the area where you need expanded WiFi signals the most.
- Now, again plug in the extender and connect your client devices to Netgear_ext SSID.
There you are! You have successfully completed the Netgear WiFi range extender setup process using the manual method or Netgear Installation Assistant. We hope you now will be able to enjoy seamless internet in every nook and cranny of your home. Let us know how you found the post. Your feedback is awaited.